Weeks of physical inactivity has taken a toll on me! I was playing badminton for the first time since school reopened and had to take several minutes of rest in between the hour-or - so game. My opponent, with superb techniques and strokes, had me running around all over the court , expending all my available energy. Never had such a intense workout for quite some time ! Felt extremely good after the badminton game even though my skills did not quite match up with my friend! Fortunately, my friend didn't quite mind my "inadequacies". It's always the fear of embarrassing myself and feeling of inadequacy that pose a stumbling block to me playing sports... FOr once, I had to improve my arm strength or the angle I hit the shuttle cock... My shots are usu low range and high vertical height!
Looking foward to the next badminton game ! and rollerblading lesson conducted by JB next tuesday ... totally free of charge! Hopefully I won't sustain any more injuries ... But it's exactly the mentality of being extremly careful with everything I do that I ended up sustaining more injuries than anyone!
Just about to finish reading Book 2 of The Voyage of Jerle Shannara... Looks like it's another reading day ahead! I dun have the habit of speed reading, that's why I usu take quite some time b4 completing one bk. Arrgh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home