HA

Sunday, October 26, 2003

Ha... what a long time since I last entered an entry... This much deservered long weekend has been fun-filled one... Too bad it's coming to an end. Let me just recall and update what I have done over the past few days.

Right after CA3, I did not, (surprisingly) went out with my med friends because I had to prepare some solutions for monday's experiment. Since there's a break of three weeks before our next ca commences, I have decided to complete my second phase of experiment... The first part of the experiment was fortunately quite successful, despite many errors made on the way. For example, I centrifuged at 2000g when I should have centrifuged at 200g, reason being that the previous user centrifuged at 20,000 g... Sigh, I guess one has to be extremely mindful of what's one is doing when carryng out experiments. Preparation of solutions, as usual is extremely boring, having to weigh solutes with a weighing balance that fluctuates like crazy and pipetting out solutions and molar calculations. Tomorrow have to go to the Animals LAboratory, The first time that I went was about one and half months ago and I saw many interesting things: Rats were screaming aloud (very eerie) when chemicals 9some poisonus... for eg chemicals which can induce cancer, liver cirrhosis) were injected, mice killed by breaking their spinal cords. I remember feeling squeamish and uneasy witnessing the killing of mice but in retrospect, felt that after all, animal testing is for the advancement of science...
Went home at about six and watched some tvb shows and then slept at ten.

Friday was initially reserved for an OG outing to Sentosa. But I decided against going to Sentosa as 1) there was a slight drizzle 2) I am too tired to crawl out of bed at nine am in the morning 3) I am not very close to my OG and do not wish to end up entertaining myself there...
But I did go out with my friends, SW WL and KEL to Tampines Mall. Unfortunately, we didn't get to catch a movie as two of my friends had dinner appointments with their families and had to go home early... Also, there weren't any great movies showing besides Kill BIll which we won't allow to watch. We sat at Coffee Bean and talked for two good hours and went to Challenger for a while to look at computer games.
at night, I went online and signed up for friendster after hearing from SW that most ppl have friendster. Also, can get to connect with friends that u have lost contact.

I went out on SAT to Yishun SAFRA as my friends wanted to do some rockclimbing. The journey to Yishun took me one hour and thirty minutes... I have never done any Rockclimbing, so wanted to give it a try. Unfortunately, after paying the money at the counter, we didn't get to rockclimb because the 2 ppl in charge refused to let us rockclimb without a qualified belayer, despite the fact that my ocs friend had learnt belaying in ocs as he did not have a proper certificate. We were quite pissed off with the two guys as we felt that they were being really inflexible. Moreover, when we asked them whether they can help us belay as they weren't doing much there, they declined giving a lame analogy that lifeguards dun teach ppl how to swim but to monitor any safety breaches. We wanted to argue further but knowing that it was pointless, we then asked them to credit the money to a later date. That means that we can rockclimb the next time when we find a belayer but the period of validity is only for two weeks.

We then walked to the community centre , wanting to play badminton. Once again, the courts were booked throughout the night. We then left for Orchard... The only consolation was that we got to know Yishun better. Ha ha

At orchard, we played LAN for two hours... THis was my second time playing LAN. It wasn't as bad as the first time when I ended up feeling nauseous and having a splitting headache. Afterwards, we wanted to dine at the sushi bar offering a buffet. But it was too crowded and there was a queue. Knowing that everyone would definitely stay for a whole two hours to make their money worth, we then went to BREEKS at Marina Square. Ate a lot and talked a lot .. Were among the last to leave BREEKS. After returning home, I went online for a while and chatted till one am.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home