HA

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Much of today was spent lying on my comfy bed, poring over Merrick, one of Anne Rice's vampire chronicles, with great relish. My lost passion for Anne Rice novels, is roused once again after completing Merrick(just like how Lestat is roused from his deep sleep when he heard the call of Louis' distress) and like a vampire lusting for fresh blood, I am eager to complete yet another novel by the same author. Anne Rice 's novels have this magical effect on me which I myself am unable to put it into words. I felt rejuvenated , at the same time worn out , most certainly due to the whirlwind of emotions that is always predominant in her every novel. I felt the grief, misery, agony of each and every character potrayed and could relate their emotions with my own. Towards the end of her novel, it's always the same emotions that beseiged me: emptiness and loneliness.

I hope Anne Rice continues writing, though I read from some website that Blood and Canticle may well be her very last novel as she felt an intense need to end the vampire chronicles. No, let this beautiful legacy continue and satisfy the appetite legion of fans have for her superb storytelling!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home