HA

Sunday, November 02, 2003

It has been one week since I last wrote something. Guess I was too busy with my project and FRIENDSTER. I was very depressed on Friday because the results that I got for my experiment weren't satisfactory and to think that I spent nearly every afternoon in the lab. Sigh.
But my mood picked up on Saturday, fortunately. PDP was extremely fun as we got to see the relations of what we learnt during lectures with real life cases. But one thing I dislike about pdp is having to dress up VERY formerly which is very troublesome. Two of my friends who dressed very casually were "told off" by the prof taking us.
But what was really worth mentioning was that I spent the whole of late Sat afternoon cycling. I must admit that I do not know how to cycle, something that has embarrassed and plaqued me for past years. During chalet when my friends went cycling, I had to entertain myself... I did try to learn cycling by myself once but it was a failed attempt. However this time round, it was a success, thanks to my four friends whom I feel the need to write down their initials, SW, WL, Kel, KC... THey were really great teachers who patiently guided me at the expanse of their cycling time.. WL and SW even had to even run with my bicycle for around 500m? almost like going for a run.... I took 30min to get the basics right, and the rest 2 1/2 hours were spent trying to fine tune some of my faults lilke braking, steadying, steering... Contrary to what many have claimed : cycling is something that should be learnt from young, I mastered how to cycle as a young adult of 18... :)

What is the process of learning how to cycle without a fair share of bruises and abrasions? I suffered from quite a few bruises and abrasions and extreme muscle aches which appeared only the next day. I also knocked onto a child and caused her to cry, something I am still very guilty of but fortunately, her parents were quite understanding and forgiving and did not pursue the matter... Also knocked onto a Indian pedestrain who scolded "what the ****"... ha ha

Glad that I managed to master cycling. Once again, a very big thanx to my four friends!!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home