HA

Monday, July 19, 2004

Sometimes a seemingly harmless remark can be hurtful. All the more unbearable when the friend who made that remark is someone you have known for a long time.  Yes, I admit that I have a fragile Ego that is easily bruised. I feel lousy about myself and I am beginning to lose faith in whatever I do. Whatever sense of worth and self esteem that is left with me is fast disintegrating and I am falling into an abyss of despair. I seriously do not know what’s wrong with me but there seems to be nothing that I can do to make myself feel better.
 
However, friends do take friendships for granted at times, I feel. Throughout my life, I have always been this Mr Nice guy who tries to be accommodating and tactful, never blowing my top once, always giving in to others, sometimes even at the expense of myself.  Perhaps, that’s why my feelings have always gone unattended by others. People can lash out hurtful remarks and I will swallow them down.
 
That incident is really too small to be mentioned and I personally have no wish to write it down. All I have to say is that comparisons were made between some friend of mine and I and I feel slighted. I am even more insecure about my personal abilities.
 
Okay, there’s really nothing wrong with me. I am prone to bouts of depression and it will go off sooner or later. Dun u guys worry about me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home