Nothing much happened today. Went to school for 2 lectures and attended anatomy practical. Later, after my anat prac ended at 3pm, I went home with Carrie. On our journey back to the East in the MRT, we witnessed an incident which I was extremely remorse afterwards. Some girl about our age suddenly collapsed on the floor at another carriage near the entrance of the MRT. We didn't notice at first as we were talking... But she was still conscious and ppl around her started crowding round her, trying to help her or just being curious /shocked. Carrie and I wanted to help but there was a Malay guy who seemed very confident... They went out of the MRT soon after the MRT reached Aljunied Station. Before we can decide what to do, the door closed upon us... She looked pale but was ABC was clear since she could still communicate to the ppl around her. Carrie was wondering what could have caused this sudden collapse. I propose hypoglycemia + stress as the cause of her collapse while Carrie told me perhaps it's due to some deep vein thrombosis, etc. At Paya Lebar MRT station, I wanted to go back to Aljunied but unfortunately, did not because we felt we were of not much help with such limited medical knowledge to treat such an emergency. I felt really bad on my way home. That shows the importance of learning first aid seriously. Four months in the Combat Medic COurse hasn't really trained me to react to such real situations....
Last Sat, I went out with my friends to watch Matrix. It was a great show, contrary to what those reviewers wrote. I highly suspect that they did not understand the true significance of each scene and so dismissed it as TRASH. I shan't reveal any of the storyline as there are many nus students who have yet to watched this great show bcos of their upcoming exam. But to know more about the intricacies of matrix, you can visit my friend;s blogspot: vapidus.blogspot.com who summed up the whole show extremely well. I must admit that I obtained new insights of the matrix after talking to him on the matrix. The matrix uses a lot of philosophies and religion, I realised... For example Agent Smith is the direct opp of NEO, the bit about choice,etc. Watch it if you haven't yet.
Waiting fervently for Lord of the Rings. Had a glimpse of the preview. Looks great...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home