HA

Friday, May 14, 2004

Realise that I should start discussing serious stuff after reading other award winning blogs which discuss in depth stuff instead of their daily trivial activities.

I shall just start off by commenting about carcinogen's political inclinations.

First of all, I am very glad that opposition Congress and its allies won the incumbent National Democratic Alliance (NDA) led by Prime Minister Atal Behari Vajpayee contrary to polls that were conducted before the election. It's not that I am extremely opposed to NDA's rule. NDA has done a pretty good job these years, as attested by India's steady economic growth and declining memployment. However, it has been fanning the flames of Hindu nationalism, deepening the chasm between the country's Muslim and Hindu population. Gujarat's unrest is just but an example of the consequences of rising Hindu nationalism. A country must, by all costs, strive to maintain secularism and promote tolerance between the different cultures to have at least some semblance of harmony and peace. Hence, NDA's defeat may just be a blessing to India because I am sure Gandhi's party will be equally competent in running the country minus all the unwanted hindu nationalism

I am a supporter of Gandhi's dynasty (using the the word of carcinogen) bcos they are all so noble, sacrificing their lives for the country. I can't remember the name of female Gandhi who stormed the Golden Temple, rooting out all the Sikhs freedom fighters (Notice I did not use terrorists because I feel they have the right to acheive their own independence since the sikhs have their own religion, own culture, totally differen tfrom the Indians) hiding in the temple. When I read the whole story, I was like WOW... Only a female but yet she is able to wield so much power. Too bad, she was assassinated by her very own Sikh bodyguard. Rajev Gandhi was also killed while trying to resolve the issue of Sri Lanka seperatists.


And Yes, President Gloria Arroyo must win. She is the only capable President that Philippines has since Marcos time. Compared to the other female president in the region who has done nothing concrete for her country except to pander to Islamists, President Arroyo has achieved so much... Kudos! I believe that her goal to eradicate poverty will definitely come true if Philippines places her faith on her capablility!





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home