just realised that I haven't been blogging for some time. Because I am really very busy... This week, i am working as an exhibition assistant for International Food and Hotel exhibition... Ha, unfortunately, this big event is only open to business delegates all over the world and not to the public... Which is a good thing because I won't get to meet anyone familiar. Frankly speaking the pay isn't attractive at all but I took this job up because it will enable me greater exposure...
I am being assigned to do data entry, helping overseas delegates to print their name cards in order to gain entrance. I must admit that job demands very little from me, except to have fast typing skills and good communication skills which isn't much of a problem for me. Initially, there was some confusion due to lengthy procedures but after half an hour, I became more familiar. As I have a strong chinese background, i was given extra tasks: to type in all the information of the china delegates using hanyu pin yin... I am very much sought after by the exhibitor supervisors... haha
Something particularly pleased me. A delegate from Switzerland was extremely happy with my efficient service, especially after I added a "professor" before his name, when I came to know that he is a professor in cuisine, wine tasting, etc... However, i made one blunder, probably due to fatigue. Assuming that all chinese delegates come from china, I typed someone's country as China instead of Taiwan. He din't check his card and it's only after looking through the records did i realise i made a mistake in his nationality. But china and taiwan , any difference... Not much, I feel. Just hoping that the taiwanese is a lien-chen supporter and not a chen shui bian supporter.
I read somone's blog today, someone whom I have never said a hello before but I know the existence of this person in medicine faculty. Oh, she is someone whom I consider lucky, having been to countries that i have always longed to go. But due to financial difficulties, i have never gone to these countries... She is feeling remorseful spending her parents' money and therefore decided not to go abroad with her other friends. Which i feel is a stupid decision. Money can be earned back but not experiences. Once an opporunity to experience something different is missed, the feeling will never be the same again if u experience it at an older age. I would advise her to borrow a sum of money from her parents, after which she can pay back by instalments.
She is lucky again, getting a job at $7 an hour, something extremely difficult in this trying times. But the fact that she is working makes her admirable... okie, I shan't comment anymore in case .... Really got to cherish these few non-working hours. going to chat with my friends liao... good luck to eeryone

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home