Has anyone heard of His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman? I went round asking others whether they have heard of His Dark Materials and the answers I got back was an emphatic NO. Why is it that Harry Potter can be such a phenomenal success when an equally captivating trilogy is buried in obscurity, eclipsed by the famous Harry Potter. Just a short introduction for those who have yet to hear the name of this great book: It consists of three books, Northern Lights, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass. Each book will feature a new weapon which will be used in solving the mystery … Till now, I have only finished reading Northern Lights, which I was lucky enough to have borrowed from the library. Though the language is not as reader-friendly as JK Rowling, with sentences too long to be digested within a split second and funny punctuation, the content is explosive! Deep beneath the world of magic and mystery conceals themes like betrayal and even subtler ones. The grey area between good and evil, right and wrong, moral and immoral, is what that makes it difficult to be a human…
Hopefully, I can find the rest of the two books in the library.!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home