HA

Thursday, May 27, 2004

Ok, Fantasia Barrino is crowned American Idol on 27/5/2004 at 1030 (Spore time). To say I am not disappointed would be deceiving myself because I have always supported Diana Degarmo since the auditions when she travelled 6000 km from Snellvillve all the way to Hawaii. ok,She did fumble for her last song, "Don't Cry Out Loud" by Melissa Manchester, probably due to the immense stress after listening to the judges' praises for Fantasia's rendition of Summertime. Diana shouldn't have sung that song again after a short span of one week when audiences have such a good impression of that particular superb and flawless performance.

Personally, I cannot understand what is so fantastic about fan's singing other than the fact that it's unique. But UNIQUENESS DOESN'T EQUATE WITH SUPERIORITY! Judges, especially Randy Jackson are always too eager to heap praises however bad her performances are. But XC told me, "u never see a bad performance from fan, only not up to expectations." ok, i will agree with his statement only to a certain extent, because half of the time, I am not very sure how to cateogorise her performances. She sang "I believe", with unbelievable generous praise lavished by the judges when I thought it was only a mediocre performance, with many hoarse/strained notes interweaved within the melody. I prefered Diana's I believe since she sang with so much gusto and verve!

Ok I can't stop gushing about Diana's brilliance... Deep down my heart, she is my ultimate American Idol. I wish both of them successful careers!

Guess I will suffering from Idol drawback symptons next week without my weekly dose of Idol performances. Singapore Idol will be aired in September! Looking foward to it! I dun believe that Singaporeans can't sing as good as, if not better than Americans. W shall see...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home