I spent my Thur, Fri and Sat doing stocktaking and tagging at KWE… I was woken up by a phone call early THur Morning by Kelly services, my agent. Feeling groggy and bushed due to the sleep debt I had incurred , I didn’t particularly want to take up this job, especially when I was given last minute notice and the pay unattractive. But the agent kept persuading me and in the end i relented. Anyway the workplace is quite near to my house and i can reach there within thiry minutes.
Kwe is in charge of import and export... and they had to export unsold branded stuff (agnes) to hong kong for re-sale as soon as possible. Wow, those coats were unbelievably exorbitant. There was this particular heavy leather coat which costs an astonishing SGD$2480. Even one plain t-shirt costs $60.
I made some friends and they were teasing me of my naviete when I wanted to report the exact break time we had on my time sheet. All of them were from poly and I realised that jc ppl are really pampered and spoilt. Ok, this may be a overgeneralisation but it's true to a certain extent when u compare our lives with theirs. They had to juggle school work with work. The only thing which made me similar to them, in their words is that I am working. "How many jc ppl do u see work?"they asked. Actually this is an untrue statement because there are quite a number of my friends working in f& b industry. Perhaps if u consider the relative proportion of jc and poly ppl working, their deduction would be true. Some of the jc ppl, they claim, are snobbish, think a world of themselves when they have zero pratical experience and are only willing to associate with ppl whom they deem intellectually level with them. I was confounded when they made such sweeping statements about jc ppl but I did not defend vehemently because I knoe that this is true to a certain extent. But I told them the impressions they get from jc ppl may be a misguided one as not all jc ppl are proud and snobbish.JC ppl can be unassuming too and it really boils down to ur character in the end. Maybe at times, our elitism is realli working against us or maybe, it's just cultural differences which deepens this chasm between jc and poly ppl.
But those friends I came to know in this short span of time are nice chaps!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home