HA

Sunday, July 25, 2004

I picked up Wuthering Heights from Pasir Ris Library in a hurry , determined to complete reading it before school reopens. I got through the first chapter with much difficulty and almost wanted to give up, but my dignity is at stake because I made a bet with my friend that I will finish reading one classic, however tedious it is. I realise that once U survive the first chapter, subsequent chapters will be much easierto read...

Wuthering heighs is such a nicely crafted novel, with lots of symmetries between the first and second generation characters and many sacarsms and allusions awaiting for readers to unravel. The characters are complex, like any literature novel,  esp Heathcliff whom I do not knoe whether to love or hate. As much as I sympathise with his predicament, Heathcliff  's predisposition to vent his anger and take revenge on the innocent young ones is what I cannot condone.  After all, what done cannot be undone and there's no end to hatred.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home