HA

Monday, July 19, 2004

 

The transformation in me after my trip to Australia is that I am more appreciative of everything Singapore has provided us with. We are so well-looked after that we dun seem to realise. Previously I have always lamented how lucky my friends are, having the opportunity to study abroad while I am stuck in Singapore, trapped in the rigorous education system.  Studying abroad has its advantages, I admit, but the comforts of being close to my family, familiarity with everything, our strong culture identity may well outweigh those advantages. it would be difficult to break through the native social circle due to the obvious cultural differences. This is attested by the fact that most Singaporeans stick with the Asian ppl. Subtle discrimination against the Asians are inevitable and I myself have experienced it there. I feel so lucky to be studying in Singapore!!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home