HA

Monday, September 13, 2004

sometimes, i just feel that we bring upon our own misery by clinging on to our own desires despite knowing that desires are the root of our unhappiness. Ironic, isn't it? I Wait! I knoe u guys must be thinking that it's some of my silly dharma concepts but I am convinced that these"concepts" or "ideas" (whatever u wish to think of) can stand alone by themselves without having to bring religion to the picture... We are searching for happiness relentlessly, thinking that only when I achieve so and so, I can be happy. But, when we are unable to fulfil our desires, we still chase after it desperately, not realising that our unhappiness stems from our desires.

We are too concerned about how others view us, too concerned about what is wrong with us, failing to look past our own faults. I am always reminded by the story that Ajahn Brahm told it ad nauseum to the audiences... We fail to see the 999 good bricks, instead focusing on the only flawed brick!

Thanks to everyone who has made my life so meaningful and fulfilling! Ok, i tend to be more introspective on mon bcos of mdc, so forgive me if this blog post has a buddhist theological slant to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home