HA

Monday, August 09, 2004

Nothing to blog about my dull and meaningless life... I spent my sat and sun slouching at a corner in my room watching vcds of xi yuan1 lu (Witness to prosecution 2) ., the current drama serial shown on channel u every weekend. Even dinner couldn't bulge me off my seat... Hours and hours just passed and I had no measure of time... The computer was burning hot, my eyes were bloodshot but I refused to give my computer and myself a rest... finally, after 20 hours of drama-serial marathon, I finished watching!!! Hurray!! *clap*

I never knoe tvb dramas can be that addictive... I had to alternate bet chinese and cantonese... though i prefer to listen to their dialogue in cantonese, there were parts thatI have no choice but to switch to chinese so as to comprehend better... (esp scenes that involve examining dead bodies)

Some medical knowledge that was acquired:
1) Yi Lang Yi Lang, Yi Du San (some viagra-like chinese medicine) and jasmine , each harmless on their own, can combine to become something lethally poisonous to guys only... (requires verification)

2) Blood coagulates after a person's death and sites where coagulated blood settles can determine the position of a person( sitting erect/ lying down on his back/etc)


tvb never fails to impress me with their intricately-woven plot (some sub plots can be ludicrous though) and witty dialogue... everything seems to fall in place unlike hk movies, which always ended up being an insult to one's intelligence... And hk movies are always recycling previous successes... Note the similarity btw Infernal Affairs and Jiang Hu and House of flying daggers...
Except for Infernal Affairs, there had been no good chinese films these few years that were worth watching...

Charmaine Sheah is so cute and pretty... Her acting has definitely improved since she entered tvb... I read about reports of her putting on airs after gaining some fame... I seriously hope this is just some fabrication put forth by the media to blemish the image of an up and coming star... Charmaine is an angel...=)


ok, better not crap anymore... I hope life will be as carefree as the holidays even when the school workload starts pouring in...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home