My thoughts...
Overall these 4 months have been a really fruitful holiday... The highlight of my holiday was of course my trip to Australia which I have been planning and wanting to go for quite some time. As I have stated on my previous blog entries, this trip has cleared misconceptions I had previously about overseas life and made me much more appreciative of what Singapore has given me. Life in Singapore isn't as bad as what I used to make up ... At least we have much more nightlife ! At least shopping centres dun close at 5pm sharp ... And most importantly I feel much safer walking along the streets of Singapore at night , knowing that the chances of getting mugged is extremely low... I can spend freely on food without feeling the pinch...
Ha but Singapore still lacks the nature aspect of what other countries provide . I still love the scenic views of countryside, rugged Blue mountains, great ocean road which are such sights to behold, experiences that I would never trade with anything... Those images are so deeply etched in the hollows and recesses of my mind that I still recollect them with fondness. I enjoy esp the few hours I spent at Bondi beach, with the waves lapping at my feet, feelingthe salty wind caressing my face, enjoying the soft sunshine falling on my naked torso, allowing the gentle waves to lap at my feet, all of which East Coast beach can never match up ...Okay, I may be overromanticising the Bondi beach but it's really that great!
Besides my trip, I am also happy to have read a lot over the past one month... Da Vinci Code, The opposite of fate by Amy Tan, A case of need + prey by Michael Crichton, The Decarmon by Boccacio, Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte, Northern Lights, Guards!Guards!, etc, all of which have given me much joy and sorrow... Now that the holidays are coming to an end,
i am not going to read for a very long time... Sigh, i am going to miss the intricate and convoluted plots and medical books are such a poor substitute... I can imagine myself ploughing through those thick stack of notes, trying to make sense of medical jargon...
I am very happy with the new ca schedule, though i have heard of many complaints from med fac friends, telling me how heavy the study load would be when the 5 cas comes at the same time... Hey, but what are we complaining about when the number of cas has definitely been reduced? Besides we have more free time to do other stuff besides muging right... So isn't it more beneficial to our social life ? To me, this ca schedule comes at such a perfect timing and I couldn but be more delighted!
ok it's getting late and I have to wake up very early in the morning for flag day...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home