HA

Thursday, April 14, 2005

Finally, i get to blog... This page takes almost 15 min to load... Something is wrong with my com... I need to reformat it... Better get it done by next week b4 e clinics start.

Today is a crazy day! We spent the whole afternoon at li hao's house, playing pool, singing karaok , chit chatting, etc... Playing pool wasn't exactly fun for me but I did learn one or two tricks from our expert Lihao, as well as understanding the physics concepts behind those techniques. Easy to understand but difficult to translate into action. Li Hao is really a pro in pool. I did quite a bit of singing, together with huiting, huili and geraldine... Wow, what a huge collection of songs, almost comparable to k-BOX and definitely a better stereo system than k box... Only drawback is that the mtv has the same people showing up again and again. I can never get enough of wang jie 's songs and all the oldies. Even till today, Wang Jie remains my favourite male singer because his songs are bai ting bu yan! Same for Teresa Teng... 80s and 90s Chinese Pop scene is still the best period, churning out so many good songs... Singers like Qiu Hai Zheng, Wang Xin Ping, Luo Da You, Wang Jie- How can modern singers compare to them???
=)

We watched Constantine, my second time watching this show! I Still maintain that it's the best show I have watched this year, though there are some parts that I am still confused, despite my second time watching it, probably due to my lack of knowledge in Christian theology. But the whole concept is still very refreshing... Still puzzled why there wasn't a big hoo-ha when the movie was released when the idea is near blasphemous.

We had pizza for dinner and then we watched tv till 1030 plus b4 we left Lihao's house. We took a good look at the fantastic cars... C and JP even took photographs of those cars! Goodbye Golden Pillars , wonderful chandeliers, exquistite furniture + posh cars! Haha

While on our way back, I was saying something about money and status and Carrie commented that happiness is still the most important...
Really agree totally with Carrie... Happiness is always with us but we forsake happiness for our cravings. True happiness lies close to our heart, and there is no need to search high and low for it. We are misled into thinking that wealth and status = happiness but there is nothing better than plain water at the end of the day... Wealth and status are just like soft drinks--- they only make us more thirsty. So we substitute 7-11 for Pepsi, followed by Coca Cola. However The true thirst quencher is Plain water!

Ok, shall stop being so preachy...I haven't been too religious these few months. I have erred in many aspects and hopefully, I will be a better person when the new term starts. Maybe, for the time being, I shall stick to Green Tea. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home