It has been a long time since I felt appreciated. I was invited to a farewell party by one of my medic section friend, Ry who will be leaving to ireland in one week's time, despite the minimal contact with him since entering Med school. This led me into thinking it's not the Hz of meeting one another, but the fate and chemistry that forge longtime friendships. I am therefore glad to have some really close friendships that r forged from my secondary school days. There are Some friends, whom I have not met for months but once there's an outing, we can discuss everything under the sun without inhibition till the wee hours. on the other hand, there are some friends whom, however hard i try to befriend them, remain totally impenetrable. The walls between us just seem too high to overcome!
I was the first to arrive, thanx to a car ride from my friend, Sw and excellent directions given by Ry. I am touched that i was one of the few platoon mates who were invited, and though i had no one to talk to for nearly one hour while waiting for the other platoon mate to arrive, I was very much at ease with myself. The food was great and RY's parents (including Ry) were such excellent hosts that made me feel less awkward!
I am very apologetic to have forgotten my best friend,sw's birthday date! Sorry! It wasn't deliberate... My mind is too clogged up with trivial unhappy stuff... Yes, I have been rather unhappy for the past two weeks ... But now everything is back to normal. It's true when dharma teaches that all sufferings are mind-created... Everything shall pass- good or bad. I shan't bother myself with too many unhappy things. The more u think about it, the worse it gets. Our minds are too myopic to view the true nature of things.
And my friend told me " A good memory is the cause of mental sufferings" . HaHa

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home