HA

Thursday, August 25, 2005

It's just first week into my surgery posting and I am already feeling quite drained. I have to wake up early in the morning (yup, no more strolling to cgh) and unfortunately, I am still late. It's not good to be late, esp when all the mOs and registras are already busy at work when I arrive but I tend to linger in bed and underestimate my travelling time. can't help it...

Surgery at SGH is quite fun! Though surgery is supposed to be slacker than medicine, I felt it was more xiong, probably because of the wider variety of cases. I still haven't met my mentor, a first year registra, who is away in Barcelona for his annual leave. So I am technically "leeching off" my other cg mates.

It's the MRCS season and we got to see those uk examiners with grim expressions wearing suits, as well as the other candidates like us, who are probably as nervous as us while taking our exams ...

OT is an eye-opener. Within the first week, i saw a maxillary-facial operation. I won't dwell on The details, except that it's all bloody. But I got to see the live anatomical structures, ie the double venous pulsation of the IJV. My friend even got to help out , er by retracting the liver upwards and keeping note of the time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home