HA

Monday, March 26, 2007

Finally, Patho Exam has ended. And we all have 4 months of elective + holidays when we dun have to think about exams, clinical posting tests, until july when the whole cycle of madness begins again.

Have been wasting my time at home: sleeping, eating, surfing net, watching tv, catching up with old friends online, moping. Part of the fun lies in wasting time. And I really enjoy sitting in front of the television, watching programme after programme, commenting on this and that; reading the newspaper from the first page to last page; lying on the bed staring at the ceiling pondering on life issues... on how senseless and ****ing crazy the world is... on whether I have been a good person... on why the heck do I care about others when ppl dun give a damn about how u feel.

Sometimes, i feel that i am almost on the brink of insanity. But I'm basically all right.

AI6 is back on TV and I haven't missed a single episode since the top 22 performed, even when it's during my exam break. And this season is even more interesting, with the lively banter among the judges and host, Ryan Seacrest. Oh... I like Paula Abdul a lot. Did U watch the you tube video of her speaking in a trance-like state? Haha, she is such an interesting character that AI6 cannot afford to lose. I know that ppl find her comments unhelpful, and find her an Extra on the show but I beg to differ. This season, she has been giving very constructive advice to the contestants and her comments will serve as a morale booster to contestants, encouraging them to perform even better the next time round. During Diana Ross week, I was introduced to a song called "Missing you" and the music of this song is hauntingly beautiful... It was written to commemorate late Marvin Gaye, whose life ended prematurely after being shot by his own father... I just kept playing the song over again and again... AI 6 is one of the reality shows that keeps me glued to the tv week after week and I can't wait for the next performance. My favourite contestants r Jordan Sparks (What a talent at a young age of 17!) and Melinda Dolittle ( all her performances are of top-notched standards and so earnest)

Speaking of AI, Chris Daughtry's cd is out! I have never been a fan of rock music for I dislike the loud background music. However this album totally blew me off! Every track is good, but I esp like "It's not over" and "Home". Chris should be the one who won AI5 and not Taylor Hicks. Simon Cowell must be fuming mad now that Chris is an overnight sensation

Besides AI, I watched a couple of movies. 300, which we watched right after Patho exam was so boring that I almost wanted to fall asleep in the cinema. It has Zero storyline. Didn't like it at all. I felt that it's a total waste of my seven bucks.

Little Miss Sunshine is a totally different story. Despite being a small budget film, it is a gem that i'm going to watch it again some time later... I haven't had such a good laugh at the witty dialogue. but it's deeper than ur usual comedies. The message that the show is getting across is that there is nothing wrong with being mediocre. And U dun have to feel bad for being mediocre. Yes, ppl may deem u as a loser for being an underachiever, but so long as u know that u have put in ur best... no, even if u dun put in your best... Just having hell lots of fun at what u r doing , U R A WINNER IN YOUR OWN RIGHT.

This film is all about celebrating mediocricity (is there such a word?) !!! And I totally agree with what the writer is trying to get across. Success in life is not about riches and status. It's all about HAPPINESS. Yes, riches and status may bring u happiness to a certain extent but having to live up to people's expectations and having to outperform every time SUX. Hopefully, this film will change the attitudes of Singaporeans towards paper chase, money- chase and status-chase. Esp those high-flyers who cried after scoring near perfect scores.

I am currently reading " I'm the King of the Castle" by Susan Hill. Only halfway through but it's starting to creep me out. This story is something like Lord of the Flies. Children are not all that innocent. The damage that they inflict on other children can be as devastating and lethal as u can imagine. and the group mentality is scary (Unrelated to the book, but just an afterthought about how a child/adult can infect others into hating another person")... How ppl spread hatred ... will blog more about after finishing this book.

Lastly, I AM GOING TO NEPAL THIS MAY. Totally excited... have been preparing for my trip. So tiring... can't imagine that all the plans I had are finally coming to fruition. I hope that this trip will be a resounding success!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home