I wonder if anyone takes notice of the strong political message behind The Last Samurai... Though George wrote on his blog that the film was basically very pro- American, I can't seem to see the connection. For me, it's more like the world only superpower must recognise that taking advantage of the weakness of any country is nothing to be proud of and certainly not what a Samurai would approve. Concealing its intentions behind a veil of righteouness and moralistic ideals will certainly not deceive its citizens, let alone her other counterparts... Let's work towards a world where there is no conspiracies among one another, where everyone lives in harmony... SOund idealistic? No, I truly believe it's attainable if every country puts in small effort on her part.
Friday, February 13, 2004
Previous Posts
- Watching Last Samurai was a perfect choice! I enjo...
- Pardon me for my laziness. I have been wanting to ...
- So... What's the significance of chinese New Year?...
- Wishing everyone who reads my blog happy chinese N...
- THis entry should be written on monday night but i...
- Today, I sent SY off, together along with QY and S...
- Today, I sent SY off, together along with QY and S...
- This week has been an extremely busy week because ...
- Rumours spread like wild fire... How true this sta...
- I went for MDC gathering at Hanyu's place today......

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home