I should be sleeping at this point in time as I had very little sleep for the past two consecutive days. only 2 hours each day! But since I am online now, I may as well just write my experiences down...
I recieved a phonecall from ester on Sunday afternoon, asking me whether we should meet up at Simei MRt station before proceeding to the chalet. I was utterly shocked because 1) this piece of news came so sudden and I had made prior arrangements to have lunch with jiabin and jack and david and 2) our anat group actually had a chalet! I must admit that our anat group is quite fragmented and we seldom had any outings together besides one koka lunch. That's why you can imagine my surprise!
We spent two fulfilling days in the SAFRA chalet, though the turnout wasn’t exactly favourable, with few ppl having to go in the middle of the chalet. We did the usual stuff, like playing bridge and majong and I was truly appalled that some of my anat classmates do not know how to play bridge after two years in jc… ha
Luckily, we had Carrie driving us around. If not, we would have been bored to tears staying in the chalet playing bridge and majong. We went to change village at around one am in the morning and guess what did we see? It was quite a sight seeing transsexuals/ transvestites hailing taxis/ soliciting for customers? WE spent three hours chatting about everything under the sun: music, movies, American idol, our plans for the holidays, backpacking, etc… I kinda got to knoe my anat friends better , esp their interests.
On the second day, I went cycling in the late afternoon wih carrie, huiling and Justin, the guys preferring to laze in the house playing ps games. It was a pleasant cycling experience, though I am still not very comfortable with changing gears and changing resistance. We went all the way to the lagoon and ordered coconut juice to quench our thirst. Wow, that was heavenly. The first coconut that I ordered, was unfortunately devoid of any flesh and I felt cheated But the second cocnut, though smaller, had so much fresh in it. Smaller is better, I truly believe.
W went back to out chalet and to my aghast (act, it was kind of expected… I was betting with carrie that no one would have started the fire), no one started the fire and it was already six!!! I started the fire, together with justine’s help. The smouldering fire makes it the best fire to cook food. Crab sticks, Hot Dogs, chicken wings, beef steak, sambal sotong, barbecued potato, sweet corn, cocktail--- we had a splendid dinner!
Overall, the chalet was a fun experience, albeit some minor hiccups.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home