I went for mdc yesterday night and it's heartening to see so many of my seniors making the time to come for mdc despite their busy schedules. It made me even more guilty when i thought of how many times I had absented myself without any real valid reason. I must be more enthu next semester when the m3s pass the leadership baton to the m2s!
I was honoured to be given the task of organising the upcoming welcome tea for the new freshies. Buying refreshments, planning games shouldn't be too difficult for me but the difficult part would be persuading m1s who have shown interest in mdc to come every monday. Unfortunately, membership for mdc has been dwindling steadily over the years and sadly I am the only Singaporean student who comes for mdc on a regular basis, besides one other Malaysian. Dr Kenneth had asked us to reverse trend by having more social interaction with the m1s and mentoring them so that they will not feel left out... But, on the other hand, joining a religious society has to be a willing effort and no amount of persuasion would work if he/she is totally religious apathetic...
Hopefully, we can recruit more members this year!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home