HA

Monday, September 27, 2004

To the person who wrote the comment for my previous blog:

ok I am trying to be objective here. PLs forgive me if i offend u in some way or another... ok, according to Dr Teo and books that I have read (which may be biased), the Catholic church, in an attempt to consolidate power, persecuted those fringe groups that refused to be under central control. But what they practised and wrote may perhaps be the right thing... No one knows... So it's really unfair to label them as unorthodox or heretical!
And those lost gospels... Why the churches reject these gospels is subjected to lots of speculations... I do not believe that Mary is a sinner/ prostitute and as bad as what the "orthodox" churches have tried to protray her as... Anyway, she's the first person who spoke to jesus Christ after his resurrection (correct me if I'm wrong) , so her writings cannot be dismissed and must be taken seriously...
What I am trying to say ultimately is that though we try to distinct our religion from other religions by our practices and beliefs, perhaps there's no real difference... Buddha may have elucidated these teachings, but Jesus Christ could have said it too...Do U really know who God is or what god is? The God everyone tries to personify? Perhaps God is just a perfect state of everything(not trying to be blasphemous here, but that's a possibility, if u r objective enough) The old writings ( be it the sufis, desert fathers, gnoists , jewish,etc)mention god not as a person...


Whatever it is, keep an open mind... strive for the truth and hopefully, all of us will know the truth one day...

1 Comments:

Blogger SmileSender said...

truth is, at present, there is no god. non-existent until proven otherwise.

3:05 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home