Just read the news about beckham's scandalous affair with a posher-than posh Loo. The new paper and chinese papers were full of juicy details about their rendevous and apparently posh is so mad at him... tsk...tsk...
I was reading George's blog and a wave of nostalgia swept past me when I recalled those bleak and uncertain days when I was stuck in ns fretting over whether I would get into medicine or clinch a certain scholarship. To be frank, I like medicine a lot but it wasn't my first choice, particularly when I regarded an overseas exposure a lifetime opporunity not to be missed. However, many times, we spent pondering over stuff, but alas, destiny will eventually lead us to the path we should undertake. I knoe that many pple would beg to differ, citing the cliched rationale: if u dun fight for your own happiness/future, how r u going to succeed? This is true to a certain extent, I agree but I have seen countless examples about others who have strived so hard in life only to have meagre returns in the end. Of course, I am not suggesting that we leave everything to fate; we still have to set reasonable goals and achieve our dreams.
I was asking myself: how is M1? i searched deep down in my heart and realised that I was satisfied with everything that I have achieved thus far despite my constant lamentations about the piling workload. I am very gratelful to be in Medicine, esp after seeing many of my friends, some of whom are even more accomplished than I am (I must admit) were rejected. My own jc class has at least ten people reading medicine, with over half studying either in the uk or australia. I know that my family would never be able to afford the sky high tuition fees abroad. The new batch of students opting for medicine have to go through two rounds of gruelling interviews and write a on-the spot essay. Ha Ha, I have escaped this!
THough many m1s claim that medicine is really time consuming, I have so much time exploring other stuff, going out with friends when I decided not to be so grades-conscious. But I am grateful that I still have others to fall back on, esp when I have diffiulty understanding certain concepts.
I can only hope that M2 will be even more fulfilling than M1 ... I heard from my seniors that there r so many things to study in m2... and of course cas. The dean's office, I hope, will reduce the number of cas and topics we have to study. I always believe in quality teaching rather than force-feeding or rote-learning. In fact, I learn most when I try to explain to others what I have learnt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home