HA

Sunday, April 11, 2004

My family did not donate to NKF for all these years. The reason is simple: I do not like the way they seek donations! I am apalled and disgusted by the tactics used by the charity organisers like showing the 6855 and 6833 numbers throughout the show without explaining to the audiences the consequences of dialing these numbers... How many times did we see the 6868 number shown on the screen. I am sure it's less than 10 times... To me, this is tantamount to _______ (fill in the blank ) Worst of all, using monetary benefits to lure audiences to donate is not only distasteful but despicable... And having these stars to perform life-threatening acts is totally unwarranted. If I am a foreigner watching NKF, I would have thought that Singaporeans are a bunch of sadistic people, requiring to watch death-defying stunts before they r willing to reach into their pockets to donate.

With regards to the recent controversy surrounding NKF $189 million reserves, I reserve my comments (no pun intended) bcos I fear the repercussions, esp when I think of how the female who mass-emailed her encounter with NKF was forced to make a public apology on the Classified Ads. All I can say is that I will donate only after the reserves are used up which I am sure will take a couple of years... The true spirit of charity is to allow audiences to donate willingly and wholeheartedly without any bait.... Read JB blog (www.jiabin.blogspot.com)who shares similar opinions as me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home