Holiday has just started and I am relishing every second, every minute of it that I hope that time could come to a standstill to prolong this moment of sweetness... On Wednesday, I went out with my OG, something that surprised me as I wasn't close to my OG at all... Going out with my OG turned out to be not so bad after all, contrary to my unfounded fears. We played beach volleyball the whole afternoon and fortunately, I managed to hit the ball, albeit many misses... I realised that it is easy to hit the ball with your hands but difficult to control its direction and force. Too bad I didn't get to swim which I consider a must for every beach outing. My friends asked me to swim by my own but what's the point??? Unfortunately, I didn't stay for dinner as my mum had cooked my dinner...
On Tuesday, I went out with Xunchen to watch Master and Commander. It was a great movie with unexpected twist and turns. I like particularly the ending in which Russell Crowe had to make a U turn back to find the ship... Perfect Ending... Both the captains had outwitted each other! Watch the movie and I assure that you will love it...
I was supposed to go cycling with Sue Ann and Jiali on Thursaday but the cycling trip was cancelled last minute as SA had something on... With my plans of the day spoilt, I went to a nearby library to continue reading Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, which I borrowed from XunChen. Anne Rice is XunChen favourite authoress and I wanted to challenge myself to reading a fantasy book since the books that I read were always real-life... and Guess what? I was actually addicted to the story line and the language, exactly what XUnchen has told me. Anne Rice writes so well that I am compelled to say that she is one of the best modern century writers, though I usually abstain from making comparisons.. Her depictions of the characters Lestat, Louis and Claudi were so life-liked and real that I saw vestiges of their emotions in myself. I allow myself to be led freely by her characters and I actually felt emotionally drained after finishing this book. Louis is the character I empathise most, because in him, I see a reflection of my inner soul. Lestat, a character that I feel for; Claudia, a character that has no control over her own destiny. I am wondering if anyone has the movie Interview with the Vampire starring Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt... Pls lend it to me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home