Today, I went out with Jiali, SA to Pasir Ris Park, with the intent to teach SA how to cycle. The weather great and our spirits high, we arrived at Pasir Ris Park and rented one bicycle for a duration of two hours. And renting a bike in Pasir Ris is much more expensive than East Coast. It costs $8 to rent a bicycle for two hours in Pasir Ris Park whereas it costs $8 to rent a bicycle for 3 hours in East Coast Park... The method that I taught SA was completely different from Jiali's. She proposed to teach her how to start cycling, thereafter allowing her to have a feel of cycling. She claimed that it would give the cyclist a greater sense of control over the bicycle. But the way I learnt, at least if my memory ddin't fail me, was to have a feel of balance and cycle till the point when I did not need others to hold on to my bike, after which I learnt to start the bicycle... We tried both methods, but unfortunately, SA did not manage to master cycling within 2 hours, though she had a feel of what cycling is all about.
After that, we met up with Michelle and went to have our lunch at White Sands. We then returned to Pasir Ris Park again, determined that SA master cycling by today.. However, she was too tired to continue, so, Jiali and I rented bikes and cycled round Pasir Ris Park for one hour. Cycling feels different in Pasir Ris Park and East COast Park. It is definitely more exhilarating to cycle in Pasir Ris Park with its numerous slopes and bends but more boring bcos it is not as big as East COast Park...
But one will definitely learn how to balance better by cycling down slopes... Also there are fewer ppl in Pasir Ris Park.
I have been cycling quite frequently these days. Just last Saturday, I cycled with my ANAt group from East Coast to Changi Airport...QUite fun.... though very tiring. Went back home totally exhausted and slept through the night soundly. I think I slept for 10 hours. Only with the rousing of my parents and ringing of my telephone did I force myself out from the bed.
On Sunday, I went to Expo for John Little Sale and Penguin book sale. Bought two books, " Oscar Wilde 's biography" and Hans CHristen ANdersen book of fairy tales... Read Aesop Fables and found it very interesting.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home